We are going to talk about how to change the default comment setting from NoFollow to DoFollow.
The best way to tell if a link is NoFollow will be to download the Firefox plugin that will show if any WordPress comments link are NoFollow.
Here is the download page: Firefox Plugin Here
How the Firefox plugin works. Basically, the links that are highlighted pink are the links that are considered NoFollow, and the links that are highlighted purple are links that will be DoFollow, the purple highlighted links, which are DoFollow in the comments section, will be the backlinks you are looking for!
Next, after you have found that your WordPress Blog is NoFollow (Pink color with Firefox Plugin) like image above.
You will need to download the WordPress plugin that will change your NoFollow links to DoFollow. You can do this by following these instructions:
- When logged into WordPress as Admin go to your Dashboard
- On the left hand side you will find Plugins section, hover over that and click Add New
- Then in the search bar you will type Dofollow and then hit search and see the Plugin as image below
- Click Install (mine is already installed, that’s why it says Installed in image above), if you don’t have it installed, it will say Install Now, click it.
- It will then install
- Then you activate the plugin by clicking “Activate Plugin”
- The plugin will start working right when you activate it
Now, you need to check to see if the WordPress plugin worked correctly.
Using your Firefox Browser go to the WordPress comments sections where the NoFollow link was. Right click on your mouse and select NoDoFollow as image below indicates.
After you have checked the NoDoFollow, you will notice that in the image above that the backlinks to peoples sites (the name section) are now purple, you now have completed turning WordPress comments links to DoFollow, congratulations!
What will this do for me?
Not only will this help your Wordpress Blog get more comments, it will also help create a community, just make sure you are setting comment standards for the users that come to your WordPress Blog. You want the comments to stay on par with what the article or post is about, don’t just let anyone comment, make sure you are not getting spam, stay on top of your Blog, don’t let it sit!
Latest posts by Chad Meyer (see all)
- Champion Property Restoration LLC Lambertville Michigan - April 6, 2014
- How to Add Google Translate in WordPress - May 28, 2013
- WordPress Plugins Top 15 May 2013 - May 25, 2013